Our History

E Langton and Co Ltd began in 1945.
It was started by Mr Ernald Langton.
The first shop was on the corner of Jermyn Street and Melton Road.
They then opened another two shops on Narborough Road; one being on the corner of Raymond Road and Narborough Road and a little later a bedding shop called Smiths on the Main Narborough then in 19__ taking over a shop in Melton Mowbray called home and leisure this also sold furniture but prams, pushchairs, cots, soft toys etc.
The businesses continued in these premises until 1980 when Mr John Langton noticed that the Old Castles Car Showroom was up for sale, and the thought it would be perfect to put the three Leicester shops in one building so began the renovation of the Church Gate store and it was finally opened in October 1981.
The home and leisure store continued until 19__.
In 1990 extension work began on the Church Gate store - and again in 2000 when the shop was closed for six weeks for a complete modernisation of the showroom to the store you see today.
Langton’s is still a family run business in its third generation run by Mr Richard Langton and it still offers that extra special care that has always been its reputation.Customer satisfaction is foremost in the minds of all of the staff at Langtons who still do a personal delivery service - and put furniture together in their homes and take away old furniture where possible.